Online Support for Faculty
An online course requires you to be actively engaged, which means you will need:
- Internet connection. We highly recommend high speed internet, particularly for courses with a synchronous meeting requirement.
- Regular access to a computer or mobile device. Courses are designed for computers, and not all features will be optimized for use with a tablet or mobile device.
- Access to web browsers including Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. Different educational technologies may be optimized for specific browsers.
- Headset with microphone. Many classes with synchronous meetings require a headset for active participation in the course.
- Mount email address. All Mount classes require that students correspond with their instructor using their Mount email address.
Please contact our online team, Hanaa Aboushahla and Jennifer Rizwan, if you have specific questions about the technology (computer, audio, video, software, writing pads, etc) you will use to your in course.
Mount Online Learning Platform Support
- Please make sure your browser is up-to-date.
- If updates don’t fix it, try opening the content in another browser. Some content is optimized for a particular browser.
- Troubleshooting steps for Chrome, Firefox and more
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Experience System Requirements (Mobile users need to download the free Blackboard App)
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Help Site – Moderator
- Collaborate Ultra Faculty Orientation New (6:33)
- Practice Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Session
If you require further assistance navigating the Mount Online learning platform please reach out to our online team Hanaa Aboushahla and Jennifer Rizwan.
Evening and Weekend Support
Urgent requests are those that concern your ability to teach or participate in a class that same evening (after 8:00pm) or weekend. Only urgent requests will be responded to immediately, and others will be responded to the next business day.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain if you are not able to teach or participate in a class, and your request will be responded to in a timely manner.