Choose Your Path to an Exciting Career
From destination planning and development to hospitality operations, your career starts with your education in the Mount’s Tourism and Hospitality Management Program. Career Services is available to help you start your career path.
Tourism and hospitality is a global business with new destinations and new properties being developed continually. There are even new tourism categories being introduced, including eco-tourism and extreme adventure tourism. It is a vibrant, diverse field.
Here are just a few directions you can take to begin your career:
- Hotel & Accommodations Management
- Restaurant Management
- Adventure Tourism
- Eco-tourism (a growing sector in the industry)
- Resort Management
- Marketing & Advertising
- Historic Tours / Destinations / Parks
- Travel & Tourism and Food Writing
- Ski Resort / Destinations
- Catering / Food Services
- Cruise Ships
- Extreme Activities Tourism, i.e. Rock Climbing, Hang Gliding, Wing Suit & Parachuting
Remember, in Nova Scotia alone, tourism is a $1 billion a year industry. Imagine all the other tourism destinations in Canada and around the world and you’ll see an endless array of possible career paths.
It all starts with your tourism and hospitality education at Mount Saint Vincent University!