Learning today; leading tomorrow. Hire a Mount Co-op Student.
Since 1979, the Mount co-op program has been working with employers to provide work-integrated learning opportunities for co-op students. We value the relationships we’ve built over the years and look forward to working with new employers as well.
About our students:
Co-op students will bring unique skills, a fresh perspective and an eagerness to learn and grow.
The majority of public relations and business administration students seeking a winter 2020 work term are currently in their third year of study and are seeking a co-op position for their second work term.
When considering hiring a student, keep the following in mind:
- Students are seeking a learning experience from you, our educational partners, and are bright and eager to learn. This partnership provides you with the opportunity to coach and mentor students to grow their experience and develop their confidence.
- Students have on-the-job experience and may have additional experience gained through volunteer opportunities, extra-curricular activities/hobbies and academic work.
- The Mount co-op program is committed to supporting employers to build a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society, including women, Aboriginal students, students with disabilities and students from various visible minority groups.
To Post a Co-op Position:
Please log into the Mount co-op portal, Career Connects. Career Connects allows you to submit a job posting, review your application package when the position closes, submit an interview shortlist and rank students following interviews. You can view the Career Connects Employer User Guide for more information.
If you are a returning employer please login to Career Connects using your email address. Forgot your password? No problem, you can find out how to reset your password here.
New employers can create a Career Connects account by following these steps:
1. Go to Career Connects
2. Click on “Login Now”
3. Click on “Employer”
4. Click on “Click Here to Register”
5. Fill in the online registration form
- Deadline to apply for winter 2020 CEI funding program: Monday, September 16
(Nova Scotia employers only)
- Job postings released to students (job postings are released as received after this date):
Monday, September 16
- Application deadline for the first round of job postings: Monday, September 30 at 12 noon
- First days of interviews: Wednesday, October 9 to Friday, October 11
- First day of job offers: Friday, October 11 at 3:00 PM
Interview and job offer process:
All interviews arranged Wednesday, October 9 to Friday, October 11 must be held on-campus, or via phone or Skype. Students who receive offers that day will have until end of business day on Tuesday, October 15 to respond to offers. Please note: The University is closed for Thanksgiving on Monday, October 14.
Starting Tuesday, October 15, interviews may be held off campus. Also, starting Tuesday, October 15 job offers will be extended to students as soon as the Co-op Office receives them. Students will have one business day to make a decision on offers.
Funding opportunity for Nova Scotia employers:
The Co-operative Education Incentive is administered by the Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education (LAE). The funding program provides private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations 50% of the required minimum hourly wage of $15 an hour for co-operative education opportunities.
Applications will be available online August 15, 2019. The deadline to apply for funding for the winter co-op work term is Monday, September 16.
The online application form along with program information can be found on the LAE website.