Learning today; leading tomorrow.
Hire a Mount student.
We make hiring co-op students easy by providing a personalized approach at every step in the hiring process.
Hiring Mount co-op students is a win-win. We hear from our employers that they value the fresh perspective students bring to the workplace. They recognize that hiring students is an opportunity to mentor and support students in their personal and professional growth.
One employer stated: “We’re so pleased with our co-op student. All employers should capitalize on this wonderful opportunity, not only for their organization, but to also prepare students for the working “real” world.”
If you would like to experience the benefits a co-op student can bring to your organization, hire a co-op student for the winter 2021 term. We have co-op students in the areas of Public Relations and Business Administration seeking a winter work term (January to April 2021).
About our students:
Co-op students bring unique skills, a fresh perspective and an eagerness to learn and grow. The majority of public relations and business administration students seeking a winter 2021 work term are third year students seeking their second work term.
When considering hiring a student, keep the following in mind:
- Students are seeking a learning experience from you, our educational partners, and are bright and eager to learn. This partnership provides you with the opportunity to coach and mentor students to grow their experience and develop their confidence.
- Students may not have on-the-job experience, but they may have gained the experience you are seeking through volunteer opportunities, extra-curricular activities/hobbies and academic work.
- The Mount co-op and internship programs are committed to supporting employers to build a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society including women, Indigenous students, students with disabilities and students from visible minority groups.
Posting a position:
The deadline to submit your position to have it posted on the first day of winter 2021 job postings is Wednesday, September 9. We began ongoing job postings on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 and will continue to post positions until all winter 2021 co-op students are secured in work terms. Posting early in the hiring process gives you the opportunity to have your job posting viewed by all available co-op students for winter 2021 and to interview during the first days of interviews.
- Deadline for the first day of winter job postings: Wednesday, September 9, 2020
- First day winter jobs are posted for students: Monday, September 14, 2020
- Ongoing job postings begin: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Deadline to apply for winter 2021 CEI funding program: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
(NS Employers only)
- First round of jobs posted will close: Monday, September 28, 2020 at 12 noon
- First days of interviews: Wednesday, October 7 to Friday, October 9, 2020
- First day of job offers for interviews held October 7 – 9: Friday, October 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM
Interview and job offer process:
The first round of winter 2021 interviews will take place between Wednesday, October 7 to Friday, October 9.
Students who receive co-op job offer on Friday, October 9 will have until end of business day on Tuesday, October 13 to respond to offers as the University is closed for Thanksgiving on Monday, October 12.
Starting on Tuesday, October 13 additional interviews will be arranged on an ongoing basis. At this time, job offers will then be extended to students as soon as they are received by the Co-op Office, and students will have one business day to make a decision on that offer.
Note: Due to COVID-19 and the importance of social distancing, until further notice, all co-op interviews are required to be hosted via telephone or video conferencing.