Learning today; leading tomorrow.
Hire a Mount student.
We make hiring co-op students easy by providing a personalized approach at every step in the hiring process.
Hiring Mount co-op students is a win-win. We hear from our employers that they value the fresh perspective students bring to the workplace. They recognize that hiring students is an opportunity to mentor and support students in their personal and professional growth.
One employer stated: “We’re so pleased with our co-op student. All employers should capitalize on this wonderful opportunity, not only for their organization, but to also prepare students for the working “real” world.”
If you would like to experience the benefits a co-op student can bring to your organization, hire a co-op student for the spring/summer 2021 term. We have co-op students in the areas of Public Relations, Business Administration and Tourism & Hospitality Management seeking a spring/summer work term (May to August)*. Students in arts, science and public policy are also seeking paid internships from May to August.
*Tourism & Hospitality Management students can work from May to mid-October to align with the tourism season.
About our students:
Co-op students bring unique skills, a fresh perspective and an eagerness to learn and grow. The majority of Public Relations and Business Administration co-op students seeking a spring/summer 2021 work term are second year students seeking their first work term. Tourism & Hospitality Management co-op students complete work terms during the spring/summer term only; students in this program could be completing a first, second or third work term. Arts, science and public policy interns are senior students and have completed three years of study.
When considering hiring a student, keep the following in mind:
- Students are seeking a learning experience from you, our educational partners, and are bright and eager to learn. This partnership provides you with the opportunity to coach and mentor students to grow their experience and develop their confidence.
- Students may not have on-the-job experience, but they may have gained the experience you are seeking through volunteer opportunities, extra-curricular activities/hobbies and academic work.
- The Mount co-op and internship programs are committed to supporting employers to build a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society including women, Indigenous students, students with disabilities and students from visible minority groups.
Posting a position:
The deadline to submit your position to have it posted on the first day of spring/summer 2021 job postings is Wednesday, January 6. We begin posting positions on Wednesday, January 13, 2021. Ongoing job postings start on Thursday, January 14 and we will continue to post positions until all spring/summer 2021 co-op students are secured in work terms. Posting early in the hiring process gives you the opportunity to have your job posting viewed by all available co-op students for spring/summer 2021 and to interview during the first days of interviews.
- Deadline for the first day spring/summer job postings: Wednesday, January 6, 2021
- First day spring/summer jobs are posted for students: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
- Ongoing job postings begin: Thursday, January 14, 2021
- Deadline to apply for spring/summer 2021 CEI funding program: Friday, January 15, 2021
(NS Employers only)
- First round of jobs posted will close: Monday, January 25, 2021 at 12 noon
- First days of interviews: Wednesday, February 3 to Friday, February 5, 2021
(There will be no interviews the week of February 15 – 19, 2021 for study break; interviews will resume on February 22)
- First day of job offers for interviews held February 3 – 5, 2021: Friday, February 5, 2021 at 3:00 PM
Interview and job offer process:
The first round of spring/summer 2021 interviews will take place between Wednesday, February 3 to Friday, February 5.
Students who receive co-op job offer on Friday, February 5 will have until end of business day on Monday, February 8 to respond to offers.
Starting on Monday, February 8 interviews will be arranged on an ongoing basis. At this time, job offers will then be extended to students as soon as they are received by the Co-op Office, and students will have one business day to make a decision on that offer.
Note: Due to COVID-19 and the importance of social distancing, until further notice, all co-op interviews are required to be hosted via telephone or video conferencing.