Information for Employers
The Mount is known for its innovative programs. One of our newest is the four-year Bachelor of Science (Science Communication) program. This program includes an optional 13 – 16 week internship after student’s third year of study. We invite you to partner with the Mount and hire a Science Communication Intern for the upcoming summer term.
What an intern can do for you?
- Translate scientific information into easy to understand communication pieces for the public
- Develop a strategy for communication both inside and outside your department with a variety of publics
- Create patient or public education materials
- Develop a social media strategy and its initial implementation
- Assist with the development of papers and/or presentation materials for scientific conferences
- Coordinate media materials
Benefits of working with an intern
- Great Opportunity: Access skilled and highly motivated employees on a short-term basis
- New Perspective: Work with interns who are enthusiastic, motivated and committed, and will bring new ideas and a fresh perspective to your workplace
- Perfect Solution: Complete those hard-to-get-to projects
- Flexibility: Work with students for unpaid internships or at a student salary