Mount Saint Vincent University offers an internship program for Bachelor of Arts and Science students. The internship program is an educational strategy that integrates your academic studies with one internship work term with an employer. You will gain work experience in the corporate, government or non-profit sectors.
Eligible students can submit an application form to the Co-operative Education Centre (email email@example.com) by 12Noon on Friday, September 17, 2021. Students admitted into the internship program will complete the internship in summer 2022 (May to August).
Why complete the internship program?
You will have the opportunity to:
- Apply what you are learning in the classroom to a real work environment
- Develop new skills and knowledge
- Be involved in challenging and rewarding work
- Offset some cost of your education with internship work term earnings
- Explore a career option
- Build your resume
- Develop a network of professional contacts
- Become more competitive for post-graduation employment
To be eligible for the internship program you must:
- Be enrolled in the 20-unit Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science program
- Have a 3.0 CGPA
- Complete 15 units of course work before starting the internship (students who have completed 14 – 16 units of course work before the summer internship may be considered)
- Declare a major
- Be a full-time student when applying for admission into the internship program, and the semesters before and after the internship
Information About Admission
The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science Internship Program:
- Is a limited enrolment program
- A maximum of ten Bachelor of Arts and five Bachelor of Science students will be admitted to the internship program each year
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the internship program
How to Apply?
Submit your completed internship program application package to the Co-op Office (email firstname.lastname@example.org) before Friday, September 17, 2021 at 12Noon. A completed application package will consist of the following:
- Application Form
- Writing requirement as outlined in the application package
- Department Chair’s signature on the application form
- Transcript from other post-secondary education institutions if you are a transfer student
Successful completion of the internship program is comprised of:
- Setting objectives and creating a personal learning plan with your employer
- Completing a work site visit with a member of the Co-op Team
- Meeting with your employer to review the end of term employer evaluation
- Completing a work term report
Timeline for Summer 2022 Internship
Click here for the projected timeline for the Summer 2022 internship program.