Master of Public Relations / Master of Arts (Communication)
The Graduate Studies program is building on the historical foundation, reputation and unsurpassed success of our Bachelor of Public Relations program. We strive to be the premier graduate public relations program in Canada. In the decisions we make, the courses we create, and the way we deliver them, we:
• demonstrate professional and academic excellence
• facilitate critical thinking
• nurture collegial community
• capitalize on accessible and flexible student modes of engagement
• engage in rigorous study with exceptional students
• foster a vibrant research culture
• strive to cultivate creative, ethical, and engaged professionals and world citizens
Masters-level education in the field of public relations is designed to advance the profession through developing leadership in public relations theory and practice. This level of public relations study helps develop future scholars and academics in the field, preparing qualified educators to teach at both the diploma and undergraduate level in both traditional and virtual settings.
Mount Saint Vincent University's Department of Communication Studies offers two graduate level degree streams: the Master of Public Relations and the Master of Arts (Communication). We pride ourselves in providing a graduate level learning environment and course schedule that encourages and supports students who wish to pursue a masters degree while working full-time. Both degrees are now offered via distance education.
For information regarding fees and financial policies, please see the current Graduate Academic Calendar.