Thinking about returning to the classroom?
Congratulations! You’ve taken the bold step of returning to university or attending for the first time.
We're here to give you the information, services, and encouragement you need to have a rewarding experience. Whether you need a hand balancing school, work and family, honing your study skills or planning a career transition, we’re here for you.
Who is a mature student at the Mount?
A mature student is:
- A student who has graduated from high school but lacks the required grade average and/or course requirements and may apply for admission after three years have elapsed.
- A student who did not graduate from high school and is looking to gain admission to the university five years after their last year in high school.
- A student who has been away from formal education at the community-college level for five years or more.
The application process
Mature learners are admitted on a case-by-case basis. All applications should include:
- A statement of educational goals
- A resume
- Transcripts from previous study
- Any additional documentation of professional training or experience.
As part of the application process, we'll arrange an interview with an academic advisor for you to discuss your interests and educational possibilities.
Brush up on student life
The Mount has an abundance of helpful programs and resources available to support success through your educational career.